Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Constituencies can be lost: Jamayat got the nominations and BNP lost the trust of their activists

News Desk: BNP is facing problem because they have given their election symbol (Dhaner Shish- Paddy Husk) to Jamayat leaders. Top leaders of BNP are concerned because first of all, Jamayat’s unpopularity can put effect on the result of the election and it has also created a internal problem among the activists. They have already lost their trust because Jamayat is known as the party of war criminals. Specially, recent activities of BNP activists like enclosing their Gulshan office shows that they are not very pleased with the party activities. It has been informed that. they have destroyed their party offices in several places.
Source informed that, Jamayat got nominations in 22 constituencies. Top leaders of BNP are concerned because, Jamayat’s securities can be seized in these constituencies. Meanwhile, though Jamayat won the negotiation with Oikko Front and BNP regarding the distribution of constituencies, still BNP is concerned whether they will win or not. Though, Jamayat knows that they will lose the election for sure still they are negotiating to show that they are one of the powerful parties. BNP is also agreeing with them. For this reason, root level BNP activists have started despising Jamayat. Because, popular BNP leaders are being cut from the list and unpopular Jamayat leaders are getting nominations.
Prominent singer Manir Khan was one of the aspirants from Jhinaidah-3 (Maheshpur-Kotchadpur) constituency. He said, “This constituency was given to Jamayat-E-Islami, and that is why I have not gotten the nomination.” Manir Khan decided to resign from the party after this incident.
Manir Khan also added, “Nomination is not that important for me. It is not like, if I get the nomination then I would be involved in the politics and if I do not get it then I will not be involved in this field. But, when a party like Jamayat who are known as war criminals then I felt humiliated. Politics of BNP is getting tougher day by day. BNP is becoming a party who completely depends of Jamayat. This is why, I resigned from the party by my own choice.”
Another aspirant who did not get the nomination named Dr. Mamun Rahman. He wanted to take part in the election from Khulna-5 (Dumuria and Fultala) constituency. He said, “I felt insulted when I was not nominated but Al-Badar leader Professor Goalm Parwar of Jamayat has gotten the nomination. If he participates in the election then I am quite sure that he will lose his security. This decision of BNP broke the heart of thousands of BNP supporters. So, I have decided that if I am do not get the nomination then I will not be involved in the politics for BNP. I have also sent my message to central BNP.”
It is to be informed that, BNP activists protested against this decision for three days straight in front of Gulshan BNP office. Though, BNP was thinking about giving 25 constituencies to Jamayat but finally they have agreed with 22 and BNP has let Jamayat-E-Islami to use ‘Dhaner Shish’ as their election symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment